FotiGate Enable Policy Mode
The default setup of a Fortinet FortiGate is Profile mode. Here’s step-by-step how to change a FortiGate from Profile Mode to Policy Mode. Due to the significant change between the two mode you will need to rebuild all your rules.
- All existing firewall rules will be lost.
- Any objects or interfaces will remain.
- You will need to use Central NAT.
- Login to the FortiGate
- Click on System
- Click on Settings
- Under System Operation Settings set the NGFW Mode to Policy-based
- Click Apply
- Confirm that Changing to policy-base mode will remove all firewall policies and Central SNAT will be enabled.
- You are now in Policy mode
- You can now rebuild all your rules.
That’s all it takes to enable policy mode on a Fortinet FortiGate.