The other day I really wanted some poppy seed muffins so I found a recipe and gave it a try.
What you will need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Lightly grease a muffin tin or use muffin cups instead (that’s what I did)
- In a bowl combine 2 cups of flour, 1/4 cup of poppy seeds, 3/4 cup of white sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- In another bowl mix 2 eggs, 1 cup of buttermilk, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest, and 1/3 cup of lemon juice. Blend well.
- Now pour the liquids over the flour mixture.
- Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups or muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven.
- Wait until they have cooled off a bit and then devour them.